Letters of condolence sent to Lady Rita Mallalieu following the death of her husband Joseph Percival William Mallalieu. The file includes letters from: James Callaghan; Lord Janner; Richard Faulkner; Sir Allan noble; The Labour Party Yorkshire Region Council Secretary; Huddersfield Conservative Association; the United Nations Association Huddersfield Branch; LB Holliday & Company Limited; Kirklees Metropolitan Council Housing Department;
Letters of condolence
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 1103 JPM/3/5/7
- Dates of Creation13 Mar 1980-26 Mar 1980
- Physical Description1 file
- Direct Link
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Access
These records contain personal data relating to living individuals. The original may be made available for individual consultation if the following terms have been met:
- the Heritage Quay supervisor is satisfied that the researcher is consulting the records for historical research purposes only and will not cause substantial damage or distress to any subject of the records
- the researcher has been alerted to the Data Protection principles that they must follow
- the researcher has signed a Researcher Undertaking form
It may be possible to provide a redacted copy of a record if certain sections contain data that is not suitable for production.
Ask the archivist responsible for the collection, or senior member of staff, if you have any Data Protection concerns around making these records accessible.