Two volumes of letters to H.O. Coxe.
Letters to H.O. Coxe
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb161-mss.don.d.144-5
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Don. d. 144-5
- Dates of Creation1852-81
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description2 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Henry Octavius Coxe (1811-1881) was a librarian, palaeographer and antiquary. He was Bodley's Librarian, 1860-81. Details are given in the Dictionary of National Biography.
Conditions Governing Access
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
Given by his son Hilgrove Coxe, 1931, 1935, and transferred from Library Records, 1968.
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. I, nos. 39102-3.