Papers of Sir Mark Aurel Stein, consisting mainly of photographs, with a personal narrative, relating to India, Iran, Iraq, Nepal.
Papers of Sir Mark Aurel Stein, 1894-1944
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb161-mss.eng.d.3408-9,e.3349;mss.photogr.c.146,d.32-4,e.16-21
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Eng. d. 3408-9, e. 3349; MSS. Photogr. c. 146, d. 32-4, e. 16-21
- Dates of Creation1894-1944
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description13 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Sir Mark Aurel Stein (1862-1943), scholar, explorer and archaeologist. Details are given in the Dictionary of National Biography.
Conditions Governing Access
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
The papers were bequeathed by F.H. Andrews to the Ashmolean Museum 1958, and given to the Bodleian by the Ashmolean, 1988.
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
A catalogue of the collection is available online at http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollectionswmss/online/online.htm.