Diary, 1941-1945, written by Bevan while interned in Stanley Camp, Hong Kong, 1940-1945 and typed up in 1965 from his notes; with copy of Sweet Waters by Lieut. John Gibson on the surrender of Hong Kong by the Japanese, [fron] Blackwood Magazine, January 1946, and press cutting on the surrender.
Papers of Mike Bevan
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb161-mss.ind.ocn.s.359
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Ind. Ocn. s. 359
- Dates of Creation20th century
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description22 ff.
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Mike Bevan was interned by the Japanese in Stanley Camp, Hong Kong, 1940-1945.
Conditions Governing Access
Bodleian reader's ticket required.
Collection level description created by Paul Davidson, Bodleian Library of Commonwealth and African Studies at Rhodes House.
Other Finding Aids
The library holds a card index of all manuscript collections in its reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
No reproduction or publication of personal papers without permission. Contact the library in the first instance.
The diary was in the possession of Mrs. Naomi Price, a fellow internee with Bevan. After her death, her niece authorised Mrs. Bernice Archer, a friend of Mrs. Price, to donate the diary to the library.