Three full-sized painted rug and carpet designs. Two are very similar, can be dated to the mid-nineteenth century, and are backed with linen. They both bear the stamp of Victor Gueritte: 'V. Gueritte àParis, Dessins Industriel', a Frenchman who was Head Designer for Templeton circa 1860 (see UGD265/2/34/15 page 62). The other is painted onto a textured paper and can be dated to the early twentieth century.
Large design sketches
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 248 STOD/201/1/4/6
- Dates of Creationc1860s-1930s
- Physical Description3 telescopic boxes
Scope and Content
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
The larger, earlier sketches that have been backed with linen, are in a poor condition, the paint is badly cracked and the items are very grubby.