Minute books 1875-1925 and 1948-1972; financial records 1883-1973; Secretary's correspondence and papers 1882-1973.
Bodwigiad Club Records (Cambrian Lodge of the Old Unity of Oddfellows, Hirwaun)
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb217-swcc:mna/i/7
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 217 SWCC : MNA/I/7
- Dates of Creation1875-1973
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialWelsh and English
- Physical Description1 box, 6 volumes and 3 envelopes
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
The Bodwigiad Club (or Bod Club for short) was a name used for the Cambrian Lodge of the Old Unity of Oddfellows whose meetings were originally held at the Bodwigiad Arms, Hirwaun. The Lodge was founded in 1828 and in 1953 celebrated its 125th anniversary with a Special General Meeting and a dinner both held at the Cardiff Arms Hotel. The objectives of the society as stated in the Rules of 1937 were to raise funds through a variety of means in order to secure money to pay funeral expenses of deceased members and their wives and also to give assistance to sick members unable to work.
Conditions Governing Access
Access unrestricted unless stated otherwise.
Other Finding Aids
A hardcopy list is available in the searchroom.
Conditions Governing Use
A photocopying service is available. Contact repository for details.
No publication without written permission from the Archivist.