A Buddhist text, primarily in Pali. The script, identified by Mr Simmonds, is Thai of an unusual form, probably in use in the Sip Song Pan Na region, borders of Shan States, Laos and China.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb102-ms380731
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 102 MS 380731
- Dates of Creationn.d.
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialPali
- Physical Description1 file
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Access
Presented by E W Pearce, April 2001
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
Size is 38.5cm x 8 cm. Pages are olded concertina style between laquered covers. Text is in black ink, along lines ruled in pencil.
This manuscript belonged the father of the donor. In 1957 it was sent to SOAS to be identified. Mr Simmonds, the lecturer in Thai at that time provided a short description. A copy of this description was kept with the manuscript and deposited with it.