2 manuscript diaries, with notes (1916, 1917); 32 photographs (1915-1919, nd); 3 manuscript letters to his mother and sister, Elsie (15 February 1916, 18 April 1918, 11 September 1917); 31 picture postcards (27 June 1919, nd); 2 greeting cards from his mother and sister, Elsie (nd); Manuscript letter to Fred and Isa (21 December 1915); 2 manuscript letters from Fred, and one from an unidentified correspondent (19 November 1918, 1 February 1919, 5 April 1919); Press cutting (February 1911); Red Cross cloth bag (nd); MGC (Machine Gun Corps) and East Riding Imperial Yeomanry badges (nd); East Riding Imperial Yeomanry Old Comrades'AssXNzociaton life membership card (nd).
Harold Webster papers
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 206 Liddle Collection EP 087
- Dates of Creation1911-1919
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 file; manuscript, photographs, postcards, a press cutting, and printed material. Includes 2 greeting cards, a cloth bag, badges, and a membership card.
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Harold P. Webster was a Trooper, No. 21 Squadron, MGC (Machine Gun Corps), serving in Egypt/Palestine.
Conditions Governing Access
Access is unrestricted.
The papers were placed in the Collection by Mrs Webster (widow).
Other Finding Aids
Egypt/Palestine catalogue (hard copy) http://www.leeds.ac.uk/library/spcoll/liddle/index.htm
Alternative Form Available