Graves's papers contain large quantities of press cuttings, the majority forwarded from the International Press-Cutting Bureau owned by Graves's friend and collaborator, Joshua Podro.
Papers of Robert Graves: Press cuttings
Scope and Content
Some cuttings arrived arranged by subject, others in loose chronological order; this distinction has been maintained. A number of magazine issues containing articles by or about Graves have been placed in a third series.
This description is part of the Papers of Robert Graves, which has been divided into the following series, which are described in separate EAD instances:
- RG/A: Poetry
- RG/B Short stories: texts, revisions and associated papers
- RG/C: Studies of mythology, history and religion
- RG/D: Novels and novellas: texts, revisions and associated papers
- RG/E: Works of translation: texts, revisions and associated papers
- RG/F: Performing arts and film
- RG/G: Critical prose and journalism
- RG/H: Lectures and speeches
- RG/I: Diaries of Robert Graves
- RG/J: Correspondence (arranged by correspondent)
- RG/K: Correspondence (arranged by subject)
- RG/L: Press cuttings
- RG/M: Works by others: pamphlets, offprints and other materials
- RG/N: Miscellaneous
Conditions Governing Access
Contact the Librarian, St John's College, Oxford.