The collection consists of the papers of Arthur and Anthony Greenwood.
Correspondence and papers, 1846-1995, of Arthur Greenwood (1880-1954) and Anthony Greenwood, Baron Greenwood of Rossendale (1911-82)
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb161-mss.eng.a2029,b.2080,c.6175-253,c.6256-368,c.6386-95,d.2974-3001,d.3004-6,e.3091-110;photogr.b.24-5,c.85-103,d.24-5
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Eng. a 2029, b. 2080, c. 6175-253, c. 6256-368, c. 6386-95, d. 2974-3001, d. 3004-6, e. 3091-110; Photogr. b. 24-5, c. 85-103, d. 24-5
- Dates of Creation1846-1995
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description278 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Arthur Greenwood (1880-1954) and Arthur William James (Anthony) Greenwood, Baron Greenwood of Rossendale (1911-82), were both Labour politicians and Cabinet ministers. Details are given in the Dictionary of National Biography
Conditions Governing Access
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
Official papers are closed under the 30 year rule, business papers are closed for 25 years and some family correspondence is closed.
The papers were given to the Bodleian Library by Lady Greenwood in 1982. In 1998 Susanna Greenwood added her mother's papers (MSS. Eng. b. 2080, c. 6364-8, d. 3001, d. 3004, e. 3110, Photogr. b. 25, c. 98-103, d. 25) to the collection.
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
A draft catalogue is available in the Library.