The volume contains emblazoned coats of arms and notes on the nobility and gentry of Cheshire. Information has been extracted from various sources, including the Domesday Book and Glover's Visitation of Cheshire. There is an index of names at the front of the manuscript. Contents include:
- Names of all the knights and esquires of Cheshire, 1580 (ff. 35-41);
- Knights dubbed in Ireland by Sir H. Sydney [Sir Henry Sidney (1529-1586), lord deputy of Ireland] (f. 46v);
- The definition of the word esquire (f. 48v);
- Line drawings of 'ancient seals' (ff. 65-67);
- Extracts from Domesday (f. 140);
- Arms of the ancient nobility from... (word illeg.) Edward down to William De Percy (ff. 146-156).