The Victor Hugo collection has a surprising number of letters from Hugo addressed to unknown correspondents. As many of them were written during his exile, it is possible that he did not mention their name to deceive the spies of the imperial police.
Letters from Hugo to unknown correspondents
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 VMH/1/587/1-29
- Dates of Creation1835-1879n.d.
- Physical Description29 letters