Vitet was a French writer, public servant and politician. He is famous for having been the first curator of historical monuments, being appointed in 1830. He was then secretary to the Trade Ministry and Conservative deputy between 1834 and 1848. He returned at the National Assembly in 1849 and 1871, and entered the Académie Française in 1845.
Correspondence with Ludovic Vitet (1802-1873)
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 VMH/1/570/1-3
- Dates of Creation1834n.d.
- Physical Description3 letters