Comprises an English verse satire on politicians of the day, including Walpole. It corresponds to Crum W799, but with some variations.
Upon the Sky-lights : from the Maybole in the Strand to the Maybole in Handbridge, an anonymous verse satire
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 206 Brotherton Collection MS Lt q 66
- Dates of Creationca. 1720
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 f., folio manuscript. Written in a single hand with only faint traces of jottings on verso. Very fragile.
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Both the author of this poem and the writer of the manuscript are unknown.
Access is unrestricted.
Purchased from Heath's bookshop on 24 July 1997.
Other Finding Aids
The poem is indexed in the BCMSV database http://www.leeds.ac.uk/library/spcoll/bcmsv/bcmvlink.htm#bcltq66