Draft charters of the proposed Victoria University. Work commenced on the charter in July 1879. The Royal Charter for the University was granted on 20 April 1880 [see OCA/23/37]. The versions of the charter are as follows:
- "No. 0" - draft read at meeting of the Charter Sub-Committee 10 July 1879;
- "No. 1" - draft read at meeting of the Charter Sub-Committee 11 July 1879;
- "No. 2" - draft revised by the Charter Committee 15 July 1879 and the Charter Sub-Committee 16 July 1879;
- "No. 3" - "revised and settled by the Sub-Committee 16 July 1879";
- A document issued by Owens College and Yorkshire College, offering observations on the draft charter, n.d.
- Draft charter, based on version of Owens College, amended in London [received 31 Oct 1879];
- Draft charter, revised by "Mr Reilly", 6 Nov 1879 [Reilly was the barrister employed to work on the charter]
- Draft charter, dated in manuscript to 27 Nov 1879 [it appears this version was considered by the Owens subcommittee on 28 November];
- Draft charter, dated in manuscript to 2 Dec 1879, note in manuscript by Reilly confirming the charter fit for submission to Privy Council, and Includes alterations in red ink made by Owens Court and the subcommittee on 12 December 1879.