"Suggestions as to the basis for the constitution of a new university", which outlines a constitution for the proposed University, drawn up by Owens and Yorkshire Colleges [documents indicated points of disagreement between the two institutions]. There are two versions of this document. Document 1, dated 27 Jan 1879, has substantial amendments and comments in margins; those in red made by the Owens Sub-Committee. A note in pencil says "This is probably the copy containing the alterations made at the Conference, 28 Jany 1879". Document 2 is the version of the constitution as amended by the meeting of 28 January 1879 between Owens and Yorkshire College, and includes Yorkshire College's amendments.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 OCA/23/24
- Dates of Creation27-28 Jan 1879
- Physical Description2 pieces, each comprising three sheets