Groups include: outside Andohalo Girls' High School. People featured include: [James] Sharman, [Sara] Sharman [nee Sara Read], and [Elsie] Sibree. Activities featured include: at the printing press; lathing in the mechanics section and chip carving in the carpentry section of Ambatonakanga Boys' High School; class in the Amparibe annexe to the Andohalo Girls' School; binding and stitching books. Other places or buildings featured include: LMS Bookshop and Girls' Central School, Tananarive [Anatananarivo]; folding room and composing room, LMS Press; Principal's house, lecture rooms, hostel, and married students' quarters, Ambohipotsy Theological College. Prints taken by or received from individuals including: Ramilijaona; [George] Burton; [James] Conolly.
Printing and schools, most captioned "Madagascar General Education"
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 102 CWM/LMS/13/10/01/034
- Former ReferenceGB 102 Include c(iv)4, c(iv)5, c(iv)7, c(iv)8, c(iv)9, c(iv)10, c(iv)12, c(iv)13, c(iv)15, c(iv)22, c(iv)23, c(iv)24, c(iv)25, c(iv)28, and iii,4
- Dates of Creationc.1925 - c.1935
- Physical Description16 black and white or sepia prints
Scope and Content
Alternative Form Available
Duplicates of bookshop, printing press, and composing room
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright possibly held by Council for World Mission