Incoming correspondence from missionaries in the LMS Telugu district, which included parts of modern Andhra Pradesh. The principal centre of the mission was Vizagapatam [Vishakhapatnam], with work at Cuddapah and Chicacole [Srikakulam]. Early correspondents include James Gordon, William Dawson, William Howell, John Hay, Edward Porter and Richard Johnston.
South India Incoming Correspondence: Telugu
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 102 CWM/LMS/10/02/03
- Dates of Creation1817-1927
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description17 boxes
Scope and Content
Other Finding Aids
*Detailed list for South India Incoming Correspondence: Telugu, 1817-1863 (list F5), available for consultation in the Special Collections Reading Room, SOAS Library.