Groups include: Samoan missionaries with special Deputation of Rev [Ralph Wardlaw] Thompson and [William] Crossfield [1897-8]; girls of the Papauta school, Upolu, 1896; Rev [John William] Hills and family outside Leulumoega Mission house [Apia, founded by Hills 1890]. People include: Rev James W Sibree; Rev James Edward Newell preaching at Famagalo, Savaii; Maanaima d.1910, Samoan schoolmaster at ?Rivali; Seumanutafa, High Chief of Apia Activities include: lava flowing into sea near Matautu and Toapaipai, North Savaii; Christmas party at Papauta school; girls making Kava Places or buildings include: Matafale church; Papauta school, Upolu, c.1895; Lefaga church, Savaii; river scene ?Faleasevela; Samoan church, Apia, Upolu, where remains of John Williams may be buried; LMS church, Apia, Upolu, LMS Church for Foreign Residents, Apia; view of Mulinuu village with two Samoan girls standing by tree; Malua Jubilee Hall. Also includes: USA ship saluting the flag at Pago Pago [Tutuila, American Samoa]. Prints taken by/received from: Captain E Allen; [Harry Strong] Griffin
Series of mounted photographs of Samoa on numbered boards with captions by James W Sibree.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 102 CWM/LMS/02/10/002
- Former ReferenceGB 102 F1, F3-5, F9, F23, F26, F29, F31, F36-41, F43
- Dates of Creationc.1880 - c.1910
- Physical Description29 photographs mounted on18 boards comprising albumen, Printing Out Paper and silver gelatin prints.
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright probably held by Council for World Mission if still in copyright.