Groups include: LMS boys "who won the hockey shield and cricket cup" and masters of LM school and matriculation class, Benares [Varanasi]; boys' home and "thief caste" family, Coimbatore; Tumkur Orphanage junior class; group in front of Almora Girls' Boarding School. Other people featured include: ?"Nirmolla" (orphan at Berhampore [Berhampur]); a pariah; Moses Walsallam; travelling yogi; a Himalayan Brahmin cooking his morning meal; a guru; a religious mendicant; a "little Burmese princess"; "native doctor"; Christian nurse. Events include: harvest festival, Jammalamadugu [Jammulamadugu]. Activities featured include: devotees going from mud pools to the temple, Maliyampollium; winnowing the cholum; a Bengali missionary giving a quiet talk. Other places or buildings featured include: Neyyoor Hospital; ?"Tvipoot" village; village chapel, South India; Almora Leper Asylum. Also includes: "plagueamma"; large stone image of Ganesa, Halebid; temple doors. Prints taken by individuals including: [William] Hatch.
Part of sequence of mounted prints, some with captions
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 102 CWM/LMS/09/10/01/015
- Former ReferenceGB 102 D126, ?, D128, D130, D131, D132, D133, D134, D135, D136, D137, D138
- Dates of Creationc.1890 - c.1915
- Physical Description33 black and white or sepia prints mounted on 12 cards
Scope and Content
Alternative Form Available
Some marked up for possible publication.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright probably expired