Journal of John Wray, Demerara, Britiah Guiana, consisting of journal entries, and a manuscript history of the mission to British Guiana. The journal is in three parts; Oct 1808; preface to the history of the mission; journal/history from 16 Jun 1811 - Dec 1815. The volume has been badly damaged, each page having been torn or cut into a number of pieces and then repaired. It was used by Thomas Rain in his biography of Wray The life and labours of John Wray, pioneer missionary in British Guiana (London; John Snow, 1892). Transferred from the Council for World Mission Library in 2001.
Journal of John Wray
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 102 CWM/LMS/12/05/04
- Former ReferenceGB 102 CWML S7; CWML MS 234
- Dates of Creation1808 - 1815
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 vol.
Scope and Content