Typescript extracts from the journal of William Soddy, on the missionary ship Duff. These extracts cover the dates from 27 Nov 1798 to 19th February 1799, although the original diary is to October 1799. Relates to the capture of the ship Duff by the French brig Le Grande Buonaparte during the Napoleonic Wars, and its loss to the LMS. The extracts were made from the original diary by Rev. T. E. Soddy in 1926, and presented to the LMS.
Extracts from the journal of William Soddy, On board the Duff, 1798 - 1799
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 102 CWM/LMS/02/05/007
- Dates of CreationNov 1798 - Oct 1799
- Physical Description16 pp.
Scope and Content
Alternative Form Available
CWM South Seas Journals FBN 34