Photographic portraits of missionaries formerly serving as missionaries with the Presbyterian Church of England, whose service was transferred to the Council for World Mission from the early 1970s.
Former PCE (Presbyterian Church of England) Missionaries
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb102-cwm/cwm/lms/01/09/02/06
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 102 CWM/LMS/01/09/02/06
- Dates of Creation1940s-1980s
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 box
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
The Presbyterian Church of England joined with the Congregational Church of England and Wales (a constituent body of CCWM) in 1972 to form the United Reformed Church. Its foreign missions work was incorporated into CCWM (Congregational Council for World Mission), leading to a name change in 1973 to the Council for World Mission (Congregational and Reformed). The CWM (Congregational and Reformed) was again restructured to create the Council for World Mission in 1977.
The portraits have been listed alphabetically with details of mission field and service dates.
Conditions Governing Access