Photograph, black and white, 12.5cm x 16.5cm.
Photograph of drawing of Papeiha [as a young man]
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 102 CWM/LMS/01/09/05/02/03
- Dates of Creationn.d.
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 item
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Papeiha was a 'native teacher' of Raiatea, and later evangelist of Rarotonga, working for the London Missionary Society. He was recruited by the missionary John Williams and stationed at Aitutaki from 1821, and Rarotonga from 1823, where he led the conversion of the islanders to Christianity.