Personal letter. Discusses Watt's reaction to the published works of Finney [Charles Grandison Finney] and the surrounding theological debate; speaks about his brother's studies and intentions for the future; speaks of marriage and his own thoughts on the subject; discusses his most recent journey northwards with Mr Edwards [Rogers Edwards]and the new settlement at Mabotsa (see letter 26 for details); gives general news of the mission, and mentions a "map of the lake" in Moffat's work [Lake Ngami?] and queries this.
25a. David Livingston [Livingstone], Kuruman, to Rev David G. Watt, Benares, India
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb102-cwm/cwm/lms/04/08/07/01/025a
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 102 CWM/LMS/04/08/07/01/025a
- Alternative Id.GB 102 Livingstone Wooden Box, item 25A
- Dates of Creation27 Sep 1843
- Physical Description8pp
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
David Gilkinson Watt served with the London Missionary Society in Benares [Varanasi], North India, 1841-1848.
Conditions Governing Access
Conditions Governing Use
For permission to publish, please contact Archives & Special Collections, SOAS Library in the first instance