Groups include: Pupils outside school at Taoripi; men in ceremonial dress. Events include: The SS John Williams on annual visit to Fyfe Bay; [William George] Lawes landing in rowing boat. Places or buildings include: Lawes college school building, 1938; plantation, Isuleilei. Also includes: stained glass window commemorating South Sea Island missionaries who died at their post in Papua New Guinea from 1871 to 1899; children climbing on canoes on beach at Mailu; coral; Captain Hurley ?boat. Pictures taken by/received from: W J V Saville.
Miscellaneous photographs of Eastern Papua New Guinea
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 102 CWM/LMS/19/10/11/33
- Former ReferenceGB 102 All numbered in subject sequences comprising a) missionaries and church work; b) educational; c) general - types; d) home life and occupations; e) manners and customs; f) landscape; g) Papua Central (Chatterton photographs); h) crafts: i) miscellaneous; j) documentary; k) impact of civilization.
- Dates of Creationc.1890 - c. 1930
- Physical Description11 silver gelatin and printing out paper prints
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright possibly held by Council for World Mission