Recipient unknown. Describes the physical appearance of the African people in the region, their language, morals and beliefs - particularly in relation to witchcraft and medicine, physical markings on the skin known as "scars of honour", conversion to Christianity and local church membership. He also refers to his plans to travel 200 miles north east to begin a new mission. Sends regards to "Mrs C."
24. David Livingston [Livingstone], Kuruman, to 'My Dear Friend'
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 102 CWM/LMS/04/08/07/01/024
- Alternative Id.GB 102 Livingstone Wooden Box, item 24
- Dates of CreationJul 1843
- Physical Description5pp
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Use
For permission to publish, please contact Archives & Special Collections, SOAS Library in the first instance