Framed portrait, under glass. This is a photograph of the original painting by Chinnery, now in the National Portrait Gallery.
Photographic copy of portrait of Rev Dr Robert Morrison, by George Chinnery
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 102 CWM/LMS/01/09/05/08/02
- Former ReferenceGB 102 129
- Dates of Creationn.d.
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 item
Scope and Content
Original portrait, dating from c. 1820, was presented to R. M. Gray in 1908 by Robert Morrison, youngest son of the Rev Dr Morrison. It was presented to the London Missionary Society by R. M. Gray's daughter in 1957 (letter attached to back of frame). The original is now in the National Portrait Gallery. The photographic copy was held as part of the LMS Museum (inventory item 129) before being transferred to SOAS Library in January 2008.