Original painting, 27cm x 31.5cm. Notes on the reverse of tha painting read, "said to have been painted by Mr Heaptry". The painting also shows a lady seen from the back [possibly Mrs Moffat]. The baby in the picture was Sarah Roby (a Bechuana girl said to have been buried in infancy, rescued and reared by the Moffats).
Watercolour painting of Robert Moffat rescuing an abandoned child
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 102 CWM/LMS/01/09/05/04/04
- Former ReferenceGB 102 133
- Dates of Creationn.d.
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 item
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Access
Painting originally presented [to the London Missionary Society] by the relatives of Mrs (Jemima) Luke. It was held as part of the LMS Museum (inventory item 133) before being transferred to SOAS Library in January 2008.