Groups include: Taisaka "Spearsmen" (carrying drums); "natives of Madagascar"; Church congregation. People include: Queen Ranavalona III; Prime Minister. Activities featured include: en route from Tamatave [Toamasina] to Antananarivo [Tananarive] by canoe, climbing a mountain pass, and through the forest. Places or buildings include: Longwood Harbour, St Helena; Hova Governor's house, Tamatave; Hova houses; streets and near Martyr's rock, Antananarivo; Tsingoarivo, Queen's country palace; "An-dakana" (crossing near Antananarivo); Ambalorong. Also includes: bamboos and traveller's trees; Malagasy tombs. Prints taken by or received from individuals including: [William] Edmonds.
Mounted (commercially produced) set of people and places
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb102-cwm/cwm/lms/13/10/01/006
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 102 CWM/LMS/13/10/01/006
- Dates of Creationc.1870 - c.1895
- Physical Description20 mounted black and white or sepia prints
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Access
Alternative Form Available
Duplicates of Ranvalona (in file 4), and of Prime Minister and Indigenous group.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright probably expired