Includes activities by Africans (such as cooking, rope making, Christian training, nursing, dancing, and building), groups, individuals, travel, buildings, and landscapes. Groups include: a Kambole (Northern Rhodesia [later Zambia]) family. People include: "Mokaba" [?a Makoba], David Carnegie, [Arthur] Brookes, [David] Jones, [James] Dunn, [John] Penry, [Joseph] Dineen, [Alfred] Swann. Other places and buildings include: Mababe, Bechuanaland Protectorate [later Botswana]; Tanganyika [later Tanzania]; Central Africa [unspecified]; Shoshong [Botswana] Church; Liendwe Valley; Matabeland, Southern Rhodesia [later Zimbabwe]; Kazemba [Zambia]. Also includes: "fetish image" and memorial for David Livingstone [Chitambo, Zambia].
Partial sequence of mounted photographs, some with captions
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 102 CWM/LMS/04/10/01/004
- Former ReferenceGB 102 A56, A57, A58, A62, A67, A68, A71, A72, A73
- Dates of Creationc.1880 - c.1910
- Physical Description32 sepia or black and white prints mounted on 9 cards
Scope and Content
Alternative Form Available
Several prints are marked up for publication, including that of David Carnegie published in The Chronicle (December 1909).
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright probably expired