Original watercolour painting of the John Williams VI at night, 41cm x 33cm, by Padden.
Painting of the John Williams VI
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 102 CWM/LMS/01/09/05/02/21
- Dates of Creationn.d.
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 item
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Bought in 1948, the John Williams VI was named by Princess Margaret. She was a small cargo boat purchased from the government, 140ft long, 26ft wide, and 11ft deep. She displaced 480 tons and had a 4 cylinder diesel engine.