- School certificates and recommendations from Galston Higher Grade School 1907-1910;
- Glasgow University attendance and merit certificates 1910-1915;
- Pass certificates for professional examinations 1911-1915;
- Certificates for final professional examination 1915;
- Medical registration certificates 1916-1922;
- Papers concerning appointment as Medical Officer of Health for Seaton Valley, Longbenton, and Whitley and Monkseaton Urban Districts including curriculum vitae and appointment as Lieutenant in Royal Army Medical Corps 1915-1938.
Papers of William Cunningham, c 1893-1975, medical graduate, University of Glasgow, Scotland
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 248 DC 226
- Dates of Creation1907-1938
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description0.15 metres
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
William Cunningham was born in c.1893 and he attended Galston Higher Grade School. He entered the University of Glasgow , Scotland in 1910 , aged 17, attending classes in Zoology, Chemistry, Anatomy, Physiology, Clinical Surgery, Midwifery and Pathology. He graduated with an MB in 1915 . Cunningham went on to become a Lieutenant in the Royal Army Medical Corps in 1915 and then completed his DPH in 1921 . He died in 1975 .
The arrangement of this material reflects the original order in which it was received
Conditions Governing Access
Other Finding Aids
Digital file level list available in searchroom
Alternative Form Available
No known copies
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
None which affect the use of this material
Conditions Governing Use
Applications for permission to quote should be sent to the Archivist.
Reproduction subject to usual conditions: educational use and condition of documents.
This material has been appraised in line with standard GB 0248 procedures
Location of Originals
This material is original
No known publications using this material
Description compiled in line with the following international standards: International Council on Archives,ISAD(G) Second Edition, September 1999 and National Council on Archives,Rules for the construction of personal, place and corporate names
Fonds level description created by Andrew Thomson, Hub Project Archivist, 11 March 2005