Papers accumulated by Sir Arthur Cowley as a member of library sub-committees of the International Committee of Intellectual Co-operation of the League of Nations.
Papers Accumulated by Sir Arthur Cowley
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb161-mss.eng.hist.c.1045-52
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Eng. hist. c. 1045-52
- Dates of Creation1926-31
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description8 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Sir Arthur Ernest Cowley (1861-1931), was Bodley's Librarian, 1919-31. Details are given in the Dictionary of National Biography.
Conditions Governing Access
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. I, nos. 40061-8.