2 bound volumes of photocopied manuscript letters, extracts, verse and recollections (nd); Souvenir booklet "A Short History of the Suffolk Regiment" (nd); 2 Field Service postcards (nd); 2 East Anglian Division Christmas cards (1917); 54th Division Christmas card (1918); Press cutting 'Gallipoli Today' (nd); Typed transcript of an interview recorded with Peter Liddle (March 1972).
E.D. Wolton papers
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 206 Liddle Collection EP 095
- Dates of Creation1917-1972
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 box; manuscript (photocopy), typescript, postcards, a press cutting, and printed material. Includes 3 Christmas cards.
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
E.D. Wolton was a 2nd Lieutenant, later Captain, 1st/5th Battalion, Suffolk Regiment, 54th Division, serving at Gallipoli in 1915 and in Egypt/Palestine from 1916.
Conditions Governing Access
Access is unrestricted.
The papers were placed in the Collection by E.D. Wolton.
Other Finding Aids
Gallipoli and Egypt/Palestine Catalogues (hard copies) http://www.leeds.ac.uk/library/spcoll/liddle/index.htm
Alternative Form Available