- MS 513;BJ Log book, 5 January to 30 June 1957 [Daily unofficial narrative, South Pole Station] 1 volume
Tuck, United States Navy Antarctic Expeditions
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 15 Jack Tuck/United States Navy Antarctic Expeditions
- Dates of Creation5 January to 30 June 1957
- Name of Creator
- Physical DescriptionLog book
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
With the establishment of permanent stations on Antarctica the United States navy began a series of annual voyages south to relieve the personnel. The South Pole Station was established during the summer season, 1956-1957. Now abandoned the United States maintain a presence at the pole with the Scott Amundsen station.
The Institute's Picture Library holds several collections containing photographs/negatives for various years of Operation Deep Freeze, a search of the Polar Pictures index found at www.spri.cam.ac.uk/cgi-bin/fx.sp?DB=PolarPics will provide more information.