- Genetics research slides, including sldies of Aspergillus cultures and PEG cell fusion and slides used by Pontecorvo for a lecture on the history of genetics;
- Photographic slides of alpine plants, mountainous areas, and local residents, places and tourist attractions, taken by Pontecorvo during his trips to places like Colaroado, Washington, Hawaii, Mexico, Brazil, India, China, Portugal, Spain, Greece, Italy, Iran, Peru and Sri Lanka;
- Photograph slides taken around Scotland and in the area surrounding Pontecorvo's Swiss chalet in St Luc;
- Large collection of photographic slides of alpine plants taken by Pontecorvo in various locations around the world for research which he used to illustrate lectures and for research for the book he was writing on plants at high altitudes.
More detailed descriptions of items in this section of the Pontecorvo collection will appear here soon. For more information contact the Duty Archivist.
This description is part of the main Guido Pontecorvo collection which has been divided into the following sections, each with its own separate description:
- UGC 198/1, biographical material;
- UGC 198/2, career and appointments;
- UGC 198/3, genetics research correspondence;
- UGC 198/4, alpine research correspondence;
- UGC 198/5, material relating to research trips abroad;
- UGC 198/6, research slides;
- UGC 198/7, publications;
- UGC 198/8, lectures and broadcasts;
- UGC 198/9, personal and family material;
- UGC 198/10, personal photographs and slides;