Photographs of the Leicester College of Technology taken by the Central Office of Information. The majority of photographs date to November 1967 and were taken for a series called "Know Your College", which showcased the work of individual technical colleges. A small number date to January 1970 and were part of a series of photographs of science students in colleges of further education (at this date the College of Technology had become the City of Leicester Polytechnic).
Subjects of the photographs include:
- students on Systems Analysts course,
- students on Diploma in Management Studies working on office lay-out problems,
- students on Diploma in Management Studies course on a project in a local firm,
- student operating an IBM card sorting machine,
- students learning to operate card punching and card sorting machines,
- students and a lecturer examining a Honeywell computer,
- Business Studies students in the language laboratory,
- Business Studies and Management Studies students being introduced to computer processes,
- postgraduate Pharmaceutics student extracting mucus samples,
- Applied Chemistry student separating an iodine/iodide mixture,
- Pharmacy students investigating heat transfer in an all glass evaporator,
- trade union leaders from Ethiopia meeting R.E. Wood, Principal of the College.