The prize was to be awarded to the best PhD thesis each year for four years. The prize was funded by Professor Peter Goodfellow who donated money to the Imperial Cancer Research Fund and asked that the prize be named after Pontecorvo. Staff working on PhDs at any ICRF location were eligible for the award. Prize money was 500 pounds.
Letter to Pontecorvo from Assistant Director of the Imperial Cancer Research Fund concerning a PhD prize to be set up in his honour.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 248 UGC 198/1/1/5/6
- Dates of CreationMay 1997
- Physical Description1 letter and 1 leaflet (2 pages)