Also includes a letter to Pontecorvo from Cyril Dean Darlington, Director of the John Innes Institution in London, who was one of his referees for the post, as well as a letter from the University Secretary of Court confirming his appointment to the Lectureship.
Typescript copy of Pontecorvo's letter of application for the Lectureship in Genetics at the University of Glasgow
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 248 UGC 198/2/2/3/1
- Dates of CreationMar 1945-May 1945
- Physical Description4 letters (4 pages)
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Darlington discovered the mechanics of chromosomal crossover, its role in inheritance, and its importance to evolution. He spent most of career working in the John Innes Horticultural Institution, and as Sherardian Chair of Botany at the University of Oxford.