The NRDC wrote to Pontecorvo asking if he would like the rights of this patent to be assigned to him but he was not interested in this. The NRDC wrote that "although this is the invention on which the micro-organism breeding project was based the invention itself has not proved to be exploitable with indutry in UK and USA and prospects of exploitation in Italy are remote".
Correspondence between Pontecorvo and the Patents Manager of the National Research Development Corporation concerning the NRDC's decision to abandon its interest in Italian Patent no 494272 titled "Synthesis of Strains of Micro-organisms"
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 248 UGC 198/3/4/3/1
- Dates of CreationMar 1965-Apr 1965
- Physical Description4 letters (4 pages)