Discussing Pontecorvo's reasons for thinking about leaving Glasgow and his problems securing adequate accommodtion and research facilities there. Lord Rothschild was determined to keep Pontecorvo in the UK and was keen for him to consider the move to Cambridge.
Correspondence between Pontecorvo and the Right Honourable Lord Rothschild concerning the Arthur Balfour Professorship at Cambridge
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 248 UGC 198/2/2/11/4
- Dates of CreationFeb 1958-Mar 1958
- Physical Description5 letters, 1 telegram (8 pages)
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Lord Nathaniel Mayer Victor Rothschild, 3rd Baron Rothschild, was a biologist who studied at Cambridge, and returned there after the war to work in the Zoology Department. During the war he worked with MI5 on bomb disposal, disinformation and espionage.