- MS 441/10;D Letter to Robert Brown, 24 February 1867 [Regarding publication of Brown's memoir] autograph
- MS 116/65/1-2;D Letters (2) to William Penny, 31 August 1854 and undated [Regarding Penny's voyages] 2 leaves, holograph and typescript
- MS 441/11/1-2;D Letters (2) to the President of the Royal Geographical Society, 7 November 1874 and 8 December 1876 [Regarding Arctic exploration] 5 leaves, autograph copies
- MS 301/23;D Letter to the Royal Geographical Society, 8 December 1876 [Regarding Arctic exploration] 5 leaves, holograph
- MS 301/22;D Letter to Benjamin Leigh Smith, 5 March 1872 [Regarding Leigh Smith's trip to Spitsbergen] autograph
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 15 August Petermann/Correspondence
- Dates of Creation1854-1876
- Name of Creator
- Physical Description7 letters
- Direct Link
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
The correspondence relates to the Arctic voyages of William Penny, Robert Brown, Benjamin Leigh Smith and general Arctic exploration in the nineteenth century.
The Institute holds archival collections for Penny, Leigh Smith and Brown.