61 family photographs, most with negatives and captioned photocopies (1872-1917); Envelope (n.d.); Humorous postcard (n.d.); Manuscript letter, incomplete, from Arthur Hoyer (Dugald) Anderson (brother) on board HMS Neptune (n.d.); 3 volumes of bound, photocopied scrapbook diary, 1914-1919 (n.d.); Typed transcript of an interview recorded with Peter Liddle (Mar. 1976).
K. Margaret Alexander collection
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 206 Liddle Collection DF 003
- Dates of Creation1872-1976
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 box; manuscript, typescript, photographs with negatives, a postcard, and an envelope
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
K.Margaret (Peggie) B. Alexander (b. 1905 in Dorset and educated at Cheltenham College) was a schoolgirl living in the Cotswolds during the First World War.
Conditions Governing Access
Access is unrestricted
The papers were placed in the Collection by Miss K. M. B. Alexander in Jan. 1976.
Other Finding Aids
Domestic Front catalogue (hard copy) http://www.leeds.ac.uk/library/spcoll/liddle/index.htm
Alternative Form Available