Stanley Bertram Chrimes (1907-1984) was Professor of History 1953-74, and was editor of the College's official centenary history. His papers were presented by Mrs Mabel Chrimes in 1985 and 1988.
The collection includes:
- 20 notebooks on John of Bedford
- 13 notebooks of materials for English Constitutional Ideas in the Fifteenth Century (1936)
- 2 notebooks containing the Latin text and English translation of Sir John Fortescue 'De laudibus legum Angliae'
- Notes and transcripts from the Gregor papers
- Notes entitled 'Ecclesiae Angliae and Stephen's charter of 1136'
- Notes for the revised edition of Sir William Holdsworth, A History of English Law, vol. 1 (1956)
- Notes for 'Richard II's questions to the judges, 1387'.
- Notes for King Edward I's Policy for Wales (1969).
- Notes and manuscript draft of Henry VII (1972).
- Notes on medieval administrative history.
- A typescript version of University College Cardiff: a centenary history, 1883-1983.
- A number of additions deaccessioned from the University of Glasgow in 2013, relating to his years there as Lecturer and Reader in Constitutional History, 1936-1953.
The collection also contains files of papers relating to various College committees as well as papers of the Glamorgan (Local) History Society; the Executive Committee of the Glamorgan County History Trust Limited; miscellaneous photocopies of typescripts and articles from various journals.