Deeds and papers relating to Ewelme, Oxfordshire, including papers relating to the Ewelme Almshouse Charity.
Ewelme Deeds and Papers
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. D.D. Ewelme a. 1-8, b. 1-19, c. 1-170, d. 1-56, e. 1-4
- Dates of Creation[13--]-1975
- Language of MaterialEnglish, and Latin.
- Physical Description256 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
The Ewelme Almshouse Charity was founded in 1437 when William de la Pole, Earl of Suffolk, founded an almshouse in Ewelme.
Conditions Governing Access
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
Some items may be seen only with the permission of the Ewelme Almshouse Charity trustees. See catalogue for further details.
Deposited at various dates between 1947 and 1983
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
A full catalogue is available in the Library.