From Elizabeth Coates at Barrett's Hill, Broseley [postmarked Ironbridge] to Mary Tooth at Madeley. Reference is made to Coates's visit to Tooth. She hopes that Tooth's health is not worse and that it has in fact very much improved. Coates would be pleased to receive a letter. Coates's daughter sends her love and thanks for the kind present of 'pretty boxes' which Tooth sent to her and the two children. The gifts have however been placed out of the children's reach for the present as they would only try to over-fill them. In a postscript she asks that her love be sent to Miss Gurn in the hope that her 'principle complaint' has disappeared.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 MAM/FL/2/1/9
- Former ReferenceGB 135 MAM/FL/2/1/9
- Dates of Creation14 Nov 1842