Fifty Years in the Book Trade, an autobiography by AD Power, publisher andbookseller who worked for Hutchinson, Pitmans and WH Smith and Sons. Itincludes a description of the bombing of Strand House, now the London School of Economics librarybuilding. Power was the donor of the nucleus of the library's Coll G. the Collection on theHistory of the Booktrade.
POWER A.D. FL 1897 - 1947
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 97 COLL MISC 0786
- Dates of Creation1897-1947
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical DescriptionOne folder
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
AD Power fl 1897 - 1947
Power joined the firm Hutchinson and Co in 1897, and left in 1906 to joinPitman's. In 1910 he was offered a partnership in WH Smith, and he began workwith the firm on 1st February 1911.
Conditions Governing Access
Other Finding Aids
No further listrequired
Conditions Governing Use