Papers of Friedrich Max Mller and his wife Georgina Adelaide, 1794-1919, including: correspondence, writings, printed material, and family and personal papers.
Papers of Friedrich Max Mller and of his wife Georgina Adelaide, 1794-1919
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb161-mss.eng.a.2003(r)-2010,b.2033-9,c.2805-16,d.2341-69,e.2710-18;germanb.4,c.31-5,d.17-26,e.20-1,photogr.d.3
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Eng. a. 2003(R)-2010, b. 2033-9, c. 2805-16, d. 2341-69, e. 2710-18; German b. 4, c. 31-5, d. 17-26, e. 20-1, Photogr. d. 3
- Dates of Creation1794-1919
- Language of MaterialEnglish, German, and French.
- Physical Description84 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Friedrich Max Mller (1823-1900) was Privy Councillor, Taylorian Professor of Modern European Languages and Professor of Comparative Philology at Oxford. Details are given in the Dictionary of National Biography.
Conditions Governing Access
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections)
The papers were deposited in 1964 and bought in 1988.
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
A catalogue of the collection is available online at http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollectionswmss/online/online.htm.