The correspondence concerns Bell's interest in collecting coins, and his search for trademen's tokens dating between 1648-1672 issued in the northern counties of England.
Letters to John Bell from various correspondents, and copies of letters from him
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 418 Bell/1
- Former ReferenceGB 418 A.1.4 (A 1-Y 1)
- Dates of Creation1819-1848
- Physical Description141 files
Scope and Content
Although the original arrangement into folders labelled A to Y has been maintained, the majority of the letters within the folders have been rearranged chronologically.
Please note: the FindingNo should be given as the reference number. The RefNo relates only to the CALM tree structure, and has not been written onto the documents.